[fw-wiz] Routing problem with ASA5505
- From: chris mr <chris.misztur@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:30:35 -0700 (PDT)
Upgrading to 126.96.36.199 fixed the issue...
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:27:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: chris mr <chris.misztur@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fw-wiz] Routing problem with ASA5505.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
When my ASA fails over to the backup ISP, the default route also changes. And everything continues to work normal except for DNS. ASA throws '6-110001 No route to DNS_FORWARDER_IP from PRIMARY_INTERFACE_IP'. Well of course !!! the primary ISP is down and gateway unreachable. The fix to this problem is to restart DNS Server service in Windows server 2003 and the DNS queries are routed via the backup interface... Is this a windows issue, or could it have to do with connection timeouts on the ASA?
I would appreciate any ideas.
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] pix config for nat port 80 and port 8080 to same internal ip and port?
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] pix config for nat port 80 and port 8080 to same internal ip and port?
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] pix config for nat port 80 and port 8080 to same internal ip and port?
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] Web Services and Firewall/Network Architecture