[fw-wiz] Mapping drives automatically using WebVPN

Hello everyone,

Situation: One of my client uses SSL VPN in tunnel mode (which installs
a small client application on the PC) to connect to his office network.
There is no problem in getting VPN connection. It is actually after the
fact that he wants to access his network drives (which are
automatically mapped when logs in to the domain when connected to the
LAN). He can access the network drives by manually mapping to the
respective network folder. We use SecureACS with RSA for authenticating
the users connecting via VPN.

Question: Is there a method by which we can automatically map the
network drives when the users connect via VPN and disconnect them once
the user disconnects VPN?

Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated. Please do not hesitate to email me if you need any further clarifications.

Regards,

Anand

  • RE: Slow VPN logon and Spuratic folder visibility
    ... I understand that the remote VPN client ... network configuration. ... the VPN client can access SBS fine? ... Slow VPN logon and Spuratic folder visibility ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing VPN Error 619
    ... Outbound VPN problem: ... Q1 - is the test client configured as SecureNET? ... Q2 - what do you find in the ISA logs for your tests? ... I've checked in local network rules and I do have a rule called VPN clients ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: VPN issues on SBS2003 with ISA 2004 installed
    ... Based on our work above, it seems the problem in client side, so I suggest ... and then click the Network and Dial-up ... Right-click the VPN connection that you want to change, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN clients unable to connect to other resources.
    ... on the SBS 2003 server just not sure where to go for help on it. ... Next time I'm at my home PC, I'll VPN in and see what IP info I'm getting ... client PC on your LAN, you should be able to do so from a remote VPN client, ... get the network path was not found. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Remote Desktop Command Fixation Attacks
    ... This set of steps is redundant in many places, and it's also enormously expensive, since you're using no less than three different expensive bits of networking hardware (AP, PIX, VPN Concentrator), in addition to a bunch of x86 server hardware, windows server licenses, and at least one ISA license. ... Your computers necessarily don't have full access to your network infrastructure when they aren't logged on, so GPOs, software updates, etc can't be applied at the times you want them to be applied. ... Turning on, enabling, and implementing every possible security setting and device you think of is not defence in depth, and will probably only have two effects - your users won't use your wireless network, and you'll burn so much cash you won't have any left to spend on *useful* security measures. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)