From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jasmine Chua
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 8:36 AM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] watchguard firebox 700 hardware limitation?

Hi Everyone

I noticed something's not right in a particular firewall config file. I
do not understand why LAN is configured as Untrusted and External (WAN)
as Trusted.
I brought this up as a security concern to one of my colleague, our
senior technical guru. He told me that things are configured this way
because there is a hardware limitation with the old watchguard firebox
700. At that time, when they tried to configure LAN as Trusted and
External as Untrusted, they found out that network traffic from
Untrusted to Trusted cannot flow through.

I would like to know if others have encountered the same experience so
that I can determine if what he said is really true..

-JC

  • Re: XP-Home Ed - Sharing & Security?
    ... home LAN are not just unresponsive to outside probes but are ... without password protection to anyone on the LAN - which is not a ... Terminates in a Westell WireSpeed DSL Modem w/Default config ... >Pro firewall set to highest internet zone level? ...
  • Problem with IPFilter/IPNAT
    ... I am using IPFilter and IPNat on several FreeBSD boxes. ... The LAN machines use the FreeBSD as the ... I run cache-only config. ... rl1 is external interface. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: 4.8-Stable DummyNet
    ... Natd controls access to the lan. ... > IPFW, however I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work properly. ... > as a whole to all 64 client machines OR should I set a fixed BW for all ... > Also if and when I do find a working pipe/queue config do I put it before ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • [fw-wiz] watchguard firebox 700 hardware limitation?
    ... firewall config file. ... configured as Untrusted and External (WAN) as Trusted. ... when they tried to configure LAN as ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: LINKSYS - WRT54GS Problems, Cant access the internet via LAN
    ... PS On your main config screen, a little ways down is the field "DHCP Server" ... to do is to connect my exisiting LAN into the WAN port of the router ... and then connect my pc to one of the LAN ports of the router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)