Re: [fw-wiz] syslog and network management
- From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:46:47 -0600
On Feb 20, 2008 12:45 PM, Brian Loe <knobdy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I might rephrase that to say, "It is generally thought that the log
server should be separate from all other services..."
I might also add that part of the reason for this, in my experience,
isn't so much security related but the fact that if the syslog server
is doing anything else you will likely lose a lot of syslog messages.
Especially if you're following some best practices and running your
firewall in debug mode...
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall Placement Question
- Next by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] syslog and network management
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] syslog and network management
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] Firewall Placement Question