[fw-wiz] syslog and network management

Hi all,
is it appropriate from security point of view to have one server in
which syslog is installed to colledt logs from all network devices
(firewalls, switches and routers), in addition to installing
management software to like ciscoworks on the same machine, in
addition to using this machine as a network time server to sync all
network devices?, if yes does any one recommed certain specs for this
machine or it can be an ordinary machine with 1 GB of memory and 512
GB hard disk and 3.2 GHz processor.

thanks alot

regards

  • Re: hardware firewall
    ... > comment was about firewalls and security based on his question. ... about installing a hardware firewall outside his wintendo boc) ... > server on anything, or that you've never run it on a quality hardware ... I mean down-time of an additional windows machine, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • [Full-disclosure] network management
    ... (firewalls, switches and routers), in addition to installing ... addition to using this machine as a network time server to sync all ... network devices?, if yes, does any one recommed certain specs for this ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: ntp problems
    ... NTP server. ... tree (ie it shoulc not be used as a server for anything else). ... I have several network devices that need a somewhat accurate time in ... I want the Linux machines to be a good time source for my network. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: INTERNET ACCESS/RESPONSE PROBLEM
    ... The server could not bind to the transport %1. ... If network devices are working properly, and the event status code is 9A, ... Windows NT-Based Computer ...
  • Re: INTERNET ACCESS/RESPONSE PROBLEM
    ... The server could not bind to the transport %1. ... If network devices are working properly, and the event status code is 9A, ... Windows NT-Based Computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)