Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall policy generator, capture based - Any idea?

I think your best bet would be to hire a qualified and experienced security and firewall expert. Make sure in your ad you specify which firewall you wish to use/have purchased/or that the expert will be in on the purchasing as well. Additionally, note that a secure firewall is a moment in time; to keep it secure, you will need constant input from an experienced firewall and security expert.

--Patrick Darden

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ruggero D
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:10 AM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] Firewall policy generator, capture based - Any idea?

Dear Firewall Wizards,

I would like to find out if you know any tool that can help me with this:

I want to capture my Data Center traffic, with a NAM or Sniffer.
Taken the capture I would like to have a tool that can interpret the traffic flows and automatically generate firewall rules to allow those flows.
I really don't want to waste time inspecting each single PCAP packet!

For example if there are multiple flows from the same subnet, create a permit rule for that subnet matching the destination range.

Basically a packetflow capture based firewall rules generator.

Thanks

Best Regards

Ruggero Delcuratolo

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall policy generator, capture based - Any idea?
    ... Taken the capture I would like to have a tool that can interpret the traffic flows and automatically generate firewall rules to allow those flows. ... For example if there are multiple flows from the same subnet, create a permit rule for that subnet matching the destination range. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Firewall policy generator, capture based - Any idea?
    ... Taken the capture I would like to have a tool that can interpret the traffic flows and automatically generate firewall rules to allow those flows. ... For example if there are multiple flows from the same subnet, create a permit rule for that subnet matching the destination range. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Capture & Redirect Ports
    ... > Does anybody know if it is possible with RealBasic to capture and ... > redirect traffic that flows through a particular port? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.basic.realbasic)