Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?

Well, though pf is clearly the best packet filter implementation, i
suggest using a set of application proxies atop of it ;-)

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 03:33:44PM +0100, Wim Lamotte wrote:

I was wondering if any of the fw-wiz members is currently using the pf
firewall on OpenBSD. We are considering this platform as an alternative to
our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, with which we
have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems,
SmartDefense unpredictable, high license costs, ...)

If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, and concluded
that there were good reasons not to use it, I would also be very interested
to know what these reasons were.

  • Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?
    ... our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, ... have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems, ... If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, ... to know what these reasons were. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?
    ... I have used it and like the platform. ... have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems, ... to know what these reasons were. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: LW Aerial
    ... >prospect of getting planning permission for a tall mastwas nearly ... >impossible for various reasons. ... hence it has ended up on a sea platform. ... Given that they're building the transmitter out at sea, ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • SaaS
    ... opinion on the platform that will host it. ... cluster of dedicated servers or virtual machines (OVH, ... The difference between and, based on cloud provider I've seen, ... traditional virtual machines with the same resources. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • SaaS
    ... opinion on the platform that will host it. ... cluster of dedicated servers or virtual machines (OVH, ... The difference between and, based on cloud provider I've seen, ... traditional virtual machines with the same resources. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)