Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?

Well, though pf is clearly the best packet filter implementation, i
suggest using a set of application proxies atop of it ;-)

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 03:33:44PM +0100, Wim Lamotte wrote:

I was wondering if any of the fw-wiz members is currently using the pf
firewall on OpenBSD. We are considering this platform as an alternative to
our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, with which we
have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems,
SmartDefense unpredictable, high license costs, ...)

If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, and concluded
that there were good reasons not to use it, I would also be very interested
to know what these reasons were.