Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 11:29:58AM -0500, Paul Melson wrote:
My primary complaint about OpenBSD is the lack of IPSec VPN support in
current releases. (Not that releases with IPSec in the kernel had
good support to begin with.)

Hmmm... I'm running several VPNs on 4.1, and I don't see anything in the
change logs between 4.2 (the current released version) and 4.1 about
removing IPSec support. Did you miss the change in 3.8 to ipsecctl
(and it's ipsec.conf file) from ipsecadm?

Josh

  • building a kernel for IPsec, what dependencies exist for option IPSEC
    ... I'm building a kernel for IPSec and am going off of the handbook ... # SCSI Controllers ... # Power management support ... # PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: HPs Partner Virtualization Program
    ... A business where they receive a lot of support revenue from existing ... How many VMS licenses do you know will be sold due to WSIT 3.0 support? ... The decision to support IPsec on VMS was made many years ago ... your precious profitability Arne? ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: HPs Partner Virtualization Program
    ... A business where they receive a lot of support revenue from existing ... How many VMS licenses do you know will be sold due to WSIT 3.0 support? ... productionizing of IPsec. ... But they do care about the profit. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: IPSEC and/or Firewall
    ... IIS 5.0 support using Active Directory accounts to gain access to resources ... using Internet Protocol security (IPSEC) ... Q280383 IIS Security Recommendations When You Use a UNC Share Q217098 Basic ...
  • Re: "Linux Shminux - IPsec is Snake Oil!" VMS Mgmnt
    ... In addition to the Apple, IBM, SUN, Microsoft, and HP-UX support for IPsec I ... This was a public company which needed to meet Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and auditing, most of which covered security. ... I couldn't say whether IPSEC or some other form of encryption was really needed or not but I'm reasonably certain that none of my jobs since being discharged from the Army in 1969 used any form of encryption for internal network traffic. ...
    (comp.os.vms)