Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?

I have used it and like the platform. Main thing to remember is it simply a
statefull packet filter and nothing more. If that is what your needs
require, it is a great platform.

Thanks
Jim

On Dec 9, 2007 8:33 AM, Wim Lamotte <Wim.Lamotte@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if any of the fw-wiz members is currently using the pf
firewall on OpenBSD. We are considering this platform as an alternative to
our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, with which
we
have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems,
SmartDefense unpredictable, high license costs, ...)

If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, and concluded
that there were good reasons not to use it, I would also be very
interested
to know what these reasons were.

Thanks,

Wim