Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?

I have used it and like the platform. Main thing to remember is it simply a
statefull packet filter and nothing more. If that is what your needs
require, it is a great platform.

Thanks
Jim

On Dec 9, 2007 8:33 AM, Wim Lamotte <Wim.Lamotte@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if any of the fw-wiz members is currently using the pf
firewall on OpenBSD. We are considering this platform as an alternative to
our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, with which
we
have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems,
SmartDefense unpredictable, high license costs, ...)

If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, and concluded
that there were good reasons not to use it, I would also be very
interested
to know what these reasons were.

Thanks,

Wim

Jim
jameso@xxxxxxxxxx
jogorman@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.elwood.net

  • Re: LW Aerial
    ... >prospect of getting planning permission for a tall mastwas nearly ... >impossible for various reasons. ... hence it has ended up on a sea platform. ... Given that they're building the transmitter out at sea, ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?
    ... our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, ... have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems, ... If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, ... to know what these reasons were. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... world's major PC OS seems a little odd to me.... ... I gave you a long list of reasons why a programmer could spend their ... viable platform for pro-audio work (and i'm thinking more of those who ... convinced you to switch to linux? ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?
    ... our current Checkpoint FW-1 running on a Nokia 2-node cluster, ... have had many problems (cluster not stable, SIP traversal problems, ... If anyone has evaluated the OpenBSD pf platform in the past, ... to know what these reasons were. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Problem ordering MasterCook for shipping to South Africa... some advice please?
    ... > did that cos they stopped "supporting" NT. ... > the reasons you stated. ... I upgrade computers for one reason.... ... web sites don't work with the old platform ...
    (rec.food.cooking)