Re: [fw-wiz] Question on Cisco ASA's... do all the features slow it down?
- From: Carson Gaspar <carson@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:42:26 -0800
jacob c wrote:
1) Firewall performance figures from all vendors are highly overrated on
If you want to get a certain firewall company to complain to your senior
management that you're being "mean" and try and get you fired, demand 64
byte packet last-match performance numbers (as opposed to the 1500+ byte
first match numbers they'll try and give you). Also be very careful to
ask about behaviour when this limit is exceeded. It was very informative
to see which vendors were packet rate limited and which were bit rate
limited. The performance scaling with ruleset size was also interesting.
Sadly I don't know of any vendors that publish this data openly. I do
know that you can tell a good one by their reaction when you ask for it.
(And, no, I'm not making this up. But I'll refrain from naming names
since they can afford to sue me out of existence.)
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: [fw-wiz] Dark Reading: Firewalls Ready for Evolutionary Shift
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] OpenBSD pf users?
- Previous by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Question on Cisco ASA's... do all the features slow it down?
- Next by thread: Re: [fw-wiz] Question on Cisco ASA's... do all the features slow it down?