Re: [fw-wiz] Question on Cisco ASA's... do all the features slow it down?

ASA's have a bunch more memory. I have a cluster of 2 5510 running a
HUGE web company with no ill effects. Basic static NAT, remote VPN...

Chris Serafin
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John G. wrote:
hello list,

we are currently running Cisco PIX 515E's with 128 Megs of RAM. the
problem is their CPU's are getting up to high 80% usage. gone through
a bunch of troubleshooting things and i think it is just time to upgrade.

my question is do the IDS/IPS features of the ASA make it kinda slow?
i would hate to have us upgrade to these devices just to find us in
the same spot. what do people think of the ASA's as compared to the
vaunted PIX?

we were thinking of getting this model: Cisco ASA5510-SEC-BUN-K9

thanks much,
jg

  • Re: Droid firmware update?
    ... has degenerated into a bunch of people who are better at arguing than at providing real information. ... upgrade, with a pound or two of salt! ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Product Key wont work
    ... out a bunch of doe? ... >Contact Microsoft - Support, Sales, Replacement Media, ... >> No it is not an upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Linux 2.6.25.4
    ... It contains a bunch of bug fixes, and one security update, so all users ... of the 2.6.25 series are encouraged to upgrade. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: I think it might be time ...
    ... Yes, there's a bunch of redundant security stuff in the background, but you ... to swallow the fact that Windows 98 can't handle the latest remote ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Virgin result.
    ... However they are a bunch of incompetant cunts when it come to ... upgrading your broadband package. ... I tried to upgrade last week. ... BT are a bunch of absolute incompetent tossers who should be avoided ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)