[fw-wiz] [Fwd: Cisco Pix 515e ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker]

Please discard my last email. I was forgetting to go into the configure terminal mode. Feel pretty stupid.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cisco Pix 515e ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:51:36 -0600
From: Jesse DeGarmo <jdegarmo@xxxxxxxx>
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a Cisco Pix 515e that when we upgraded the software from 6.3 to 7.0 we are getting (ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker) any time we try and enter a command to add a new rule for an access list or change the asdm image file. Any suggestions would be helpful.

pix515e#access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host 165.201.138.6 eq smtp

access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host 165.201.138.6 eq smtp
^
ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

pix515e#asdm image flash:/asdm-523.bin

--
Jesse G. DeGarmo
System Administrator

--
Jesse G. DeGarmo
System Administrator
Kansas State Historical Society
6425 SW 6th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66615-1099
785-272-8681 x 242
785-272-8682 fax
jdegarmo@xxxxxxxx

  • [fw-wiz] Cisco Pix 515e ERROR: % Invalid input detected at ^ marker
    ... change the asdm image file. ... pix515e#access-list external_access extended permit tcp any host ... eq smtp ... % Invalid input detected at '^' marker. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Sidewinder G2
    ... The cisco PIX doesn't run the actual SMTP service. ... the Fixup for the SMTP protocol. ... > BorderWare Firewall. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: smtp auth behind firewall
    ... My problem is if I connect over the lan I can use smtp auth ... Disable SMTP filtering on cisco pix. ... featuring a variety of commands defined in RFC 1869. ... has been the path to exploit a security hole in recent times. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: smtp auth behind firewall
    ... My problem is if I connect over the lan I can use smtp auth ... :> with any problem but not from outside the firewall. ... Disable SMTP filtering on cisco pix. ... featuring a variety of commands defined in RFC 1869. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Standard; SMTP weirdness??
    ... Cannot send or receive e-mail messages behind a Cisco PIX firewall ... > I'm in the process of configuring Exchange on an SBS 2003 Std. ... > questions to allow SMTP e-mail to come in to the server. ... > when I telnet to the box on port 25 from an external host, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)