Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

Hi, all,

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:23:24PM -0800, Darren Reed wrote:

What's more, people seem to think that you can just filter
out DOS attacks. Will someone please give me a cricket
bat (or baseball bat) so I can apply some proper instruction?
*sigh*

Sorry to be nitpicking, but can we make that DDOS, then?

At least I use to think of DOS as "ping of death" or
"carefully crafted application packet of death" in contrast
to DDOS as "simply swamp your uplink by thousand of bots".

Firewalls can protect against the former.

Kind regards,
Patrick M. Hausen
Leiter Netzwerke und Sicherheit
--
punkt.de GmbH * Vorholzstr. 25 * 76137 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100

  • Re: Boy Kills Toddler With Baseball Bat
    ... toddler to death with a baseball bat. ... adult mind if we didn't hold other 12-13 year olds to that. ... Lori Drew, while a despicable human being, can't be held solely -- or even ...
    (alt.true-crime)
  • Re: spam flood from groups.google.com!
    ... home of a known spammer in Europe and had beaten him to death with a ... baseball bat. ... It's a crying shame that the only known-effective solution is illegal, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: spam flood from groups.google.com!
    ... home of a known spammer in Europe and had beaten him to death with a ... baseball bat. ... It's a crying shame that the only known-effective solution is illegal, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Boy Kills Toddler With Baseball Bat
    ... The brutal death of a defenseless baby means nothing to you. ... toddler to death with a baseball bat. ... Tate was the youngest person in modern U.S. history to ...
    (alt.true-crime)