Re: [fw-wiz] How to find hidden host within LAN

and i can find his mac address througth ARP,
If you use Managed Switches, you should be able to show the mac-address-table,
and see on which switch and port your filesharer is connected.

I can't
traceroute it.
Traceroute only shows Hops (Routers) if the host is in the same lan,
traceroute is the same as ping.

Can someone help me to find this hidden host?
If you have unmanaged switches, and not much traffic, a very simple way would
be to generate some traffic to this host (hping3) and look which switchports
are flashing.
Or the hard way, pull some plugs.

--
Micha Krause

Jabber: SMS-King@xxxxxxxxxx
Email: Micha@xxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Duplicate Echo Replies with Channel Bonding
    ... In this mode both interfaces receive packets, ... >When both eth0 and eth1 are up and I ping from Host C to Host A I get ... >The destination network 192.168.120.0/24 exists on both Router A and ... Switch B does not have the MAC address in its MAC address table ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: virtualbox, taps and bridges
    ... the host could access the guest, the guest could access the Internet, ... That should be set up by "dhclient br0", ... Think of it as a big ethernet switch. ... tap devices (virtual ethernet cables) to attach more virtual machines to ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: cant ping or telnet to or from a cat 3550
    ... Logging is enabled but shows nothing at all other than a couple ... Interface FastEthernet0/18, changed state to down ... I am trying to ping from a host on Vlan 9, ... from the switch which also does not work. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • SUMMARY: switch/hub for 3 T3 Raid devices
    ... > host and I want to use all 3 devices on the same host. ... Are there seperate hub and switch type solutions and is ... Loop from one array to another from the host to each array. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: hotmail is blocked on my computer and I dont know how or why
    ... Do a traceroute: ... some login.passport.net host probably back in the USA)! ... their server is up but it is unreachable by me. ... A reverse DNS lookup on each IP address returns ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)