From: Paul D. Robertson [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 07:42 AM Pacific Standard Time
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, ArkanoiD wrote:

Which always made me wonder: Pix have almost nothing common with IOS
routers except Cisco label on it. For ASA, things chaged a bit, but the
"firewall" part of the device is still the same.

Sure, it has plenty of things in common:

It's a network device, just like the routers are.
It's sold to the same people.
It's sold by the same people.

My pictures have nothing to do with IT or INFOSEC, but I make most of my
sales to the same customers. Most of that is the sales opportunity- the
last two on my list- but I'd like to think at least part of it is that
they know the level of quality they'll get from me in anything I sell
them.

Paul

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..
    ... "firewall" part of the device is still the same. ... just like the routers are. ... It's sold to the same people. ... Most of that is the sales opportunity- the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Receive off-ebay international payment?
    ... Hi I've sold some routers in UK only. ... because my listing appeared as international seller by ... accident. ... This would be an off-ebay sale as the ebay ones sold to UK buyers. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: OT - print server recommendation
    ... the geniuses who sold a couple hundred thousand routers that hard coded the address of U. Wisconsin's NTP server and had a broken SNTP implementation that would repeat a query every second if it did not receive a reply. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: BWAHAHAHA!! BT$ Fscks off finally!!
    ... routers are sold please - I'd be interested in seeing one. ... Most of the models at toh.openwrt.org run Linux, ... Netgear DG834GT, Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, Linksys WRT54GL, all ... I think the point was that no router is sold under the brand 'Linux'... ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Fwd: Cisco Systems sales and profit drop
    ... Cisco Systems sales and profit drop ... San Jose-based Cisco had sales of $8.5 billion, ... The company took a tax charge of $174 million and a charge for ... Analysts expected, on average, earnings of 29 cents a share on $8.5 ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)