Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, ArkanoiD wrote:

Which always made me wonder: Pix have almost nothing common with IOS
routers except Cisco label on it. For ASA, things chaged a bit, but the
"firewall" part of the device is still the same.

Sure, it has plenty of things in common:

It's a network device, just like the routers are.
It's sold to the same people.
It's sold by the same people.

My pictures have nothing to do with IT or INFOSEC, but I make most of my
sales to the same customers. Most of that is the sales opportunity- the
last two on my list- but I'd like to think at least part of it is that
they know the level of quality they'll get from me in anything I sell
them.

Paul

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..
    ... Cisco Systems, Inc. ... just like the routers are. ... It's sold to the same people. ... Most of that is the sales opportunity- the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Hacker pierces hardware firewalls with web page.
    ... I've seen several other posts where people make use of browser exploits to trick the browser into submitting a form to the router/firewall, and if the router has the default password, the attacker can then configure the firewall any way they want. ... With FTP the client connect to the server, then at the start of a file transfer the client tells the server what port to connect to on the client. ... virtually any service on their machine, even when it's behind certain routers that automatically block it to the outside world. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Misconceptions
    ... I admit Firewalls and Routers aren't the exact same thing (of ... Personal Firewall, I wonder if that program is any good? ... > handled by anti-virus programs, which should be on ... > A NIDS is just that. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Hardware, software or both?
    ... one more question please regarding routers. ... > 2) Software firewalls are easy for the non-technical computer user to ... > of the personal firewall applications. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Hacker pierces hardware firewalls with web page.
    ... the attacker can then configure the ... transfer the client tells the server what port to connect to on the client. ... A 'helpful' firewall will watch for this message and reconfigure itself to ... routers that automatically block it to the outside world. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)