Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

Dave Piscitello wrote:
What IOS, PIX, etc. have in common is The Brand.

One of my favorite IT riddles is: "Name a security product that Cisco has developed."

OK, OK... just joking. Actually, aside from the IOS router, I keep trying to think
if there is ANY product Cisco has developed... Not that I am saying growth by
acquisition is bad. Cisco buys the best (or at least in the top 5, usually) that is
available. But it is amazing how Network Guys go from "You are not sticking
a PC as a single point of failure in my network!" to seeing the Cisco logo and
deciding it's OK.

mjr.

  • CCIE (written and lab ) resume CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, SANS
    ... technology and strategic business interests with a P&L mindset proven ... record of managing large-scale network engineering teams in a large ... Computer System Analyst ... MPLS technology and Cisco 7200, 3800, 2800 series routers, Catalyst ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Multiple Vulnerabilities in CISCO VoIP Phones
    ... This advisory is being released simultaneously with one from Cisco ... network without requiring multiple Ethernet drops). ... attacker could put this data to some use. ... malicious TFTP server which would provide ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: setting up a new network
    ... He was provided with a cable modem and a Cisco 851 Router. ... I have a 2003 SBS server ... as SBS does a lot of things differently. ... Your Cisco ought to be doing NAT (network address translation), ...
  • [Full-Disclosure] Cisco Security Notice: Nachi Worm Mitigation Recommendations
    ... Cisco Security Notice: Nachi Worm Mitigation Recommendations ... Cisco customers are currently experiencing high volumes of network ... are from high volumes of 92 byte ICMP type 8 packets. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: Dhcp security
    ... Setting up a 802.1x wired network requires: ... vendors, including Cisco, provide solutions to ensure that only properly ... trust agent collects security state information from multiple security ... software clients, such as anti-virus clients, and then communicates this ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)