Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..

What part of this makes you wonder?

What IOS, PIX, etc. have in common is The Brand.

One sales force. One marketing force. One field engineering/technical support force. The force is strong in them. Even if Cisco products are enormously different under the hood, this is a compelling feature for Cisco, as it had been for IBM and DEC in the past.