From: Brian Loe [mailto:knobdy@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2007 03:47 PM
To: 'Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] 2nd Life

I'm sorry I can't offer any technical advice on this subject but I am dying
to know what the possible business purpose for such access is?! If your
posting e-mail address is an indication of the company you're doing this
for... well, I'll keep that in mind when it comes to my next insurance
purchase (I like the teensurance idea)!

It's currently trendy for companies to establish a presence in Second Life for their company. That requires access to the game, etc. I think it's a waste of time and effort, but for some reason, the press is in love with Second Life. And so, to generate good press, some outfits establish a presence there.

Think of it as WOW for Accountants (evil grin)

  • Re: Hears the problem with the economy
    ... For some reason ... telling folks from that state to,,,Squat on the houses they are fixing ... banks getting an doing nothing with it to help the ... squatter’s rights that a person or a group of people could homestead ...
    (alt.gathering.rainbow)