Re: [fw-wiz] Blocking we browsing completely and allowing only Skype out to the Internet

I had the same scenerio. The client wanted everything to go out the VPN
to a HTTP proxy, but then have Skype traffic be NAT'ed and go out the
local WAN. If Skype uses or can use static ports allow them
outbound/inbound and block evrything else. If you can't maybe block port
80 outbound, and common services.

I was doing this with a Cisco router + VPN

Let me know your scenerio

Chris Serafin
Security Engineer
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Siju George wrote:
Hi,

Is anybody doing Something like this on any of their firewalls?

i.e blocking all web browsing and at the same time allowing only skype
to the outside world?

Could you please let me know how you do that?

Thank you so much

Kind Regards

Siju

  • Re: using Skype, hosted voip, etc. in SMB
    ... Skype (and more particularly Skype security), ... Depending on what type of phone system you have currently there ... already supports VoIP setting up a VPN and having your road warriors ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: They are coming back from holdays
    ... VPN tunnels are for more than just circumventing filters ... Skype, and the Chinese authorities will never know what I am up ... there is no POSSIBLE way the Chinese authorities will know that I ... in Japan, I will be able to surf the Net, while in Japan(after the new ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Numpty VPN questions
    ... What kind of tunnel are we talking about and what do you need to do ... VPN tunnels are bi-directional. ... your Internet traffic is routed through your BB router as normal. ... monopoly is successfully blocking voip services like Skype. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: tunneling skype w/ ssh on PDA
    ... I am going out of the U.S. and would like to use skype to call home for ... but VPN is not NAT friendly and a pain in general. ... what server software should I put on it. ... (which is a pain when you have a security patch, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Skype & VPN Blocks Internet Connections
    ... How do you connect thru the VPN? ... VPN connection then you need to check in the ... the remote network of the VPN. ... To VPN.and we are using skype as VOIP Solution to Make Long Distance ...