From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of D
Sharp
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:10 PM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: [fw-wiz] Allowing Internet Access to MS Project Server

Hi;

A IT project Managers would like to install MS Project 2007 server and
make that the central repository for all our IT related projects. Since
we have significant numbers of out sourced contractors, the team would
like external access enabled. Also to keep costs low they would like the
server to have a Internet presence. Our server support team would like
the server(s) to be part of our internal AD domain.

We have OWA exposed to the Internet, but through a secure proxy.

What would should be some key security areas.

Thanks,
Duncan Sharp

  • Re: Firewall on a single NIC SBS2003 Standard edition
    ... Frank McCallister SBS MVP ... > " Well, if you're wanting to run the firewall on a single NIC, you aren't ... Don't ask the server to do *everything*, ... > internet traffic from the workstations don't have to go through the SBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Internet on nodes
    ... I stopped the Firewall in SBS and could upload ... print' from both the server and a WS. ... Was not able to connect to the internet on the WS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2 NICs Configuration Problem
    ... the server as Paul envisaged it. ... gateway (to the Internet through the NIC connected to the Sonicwall DMZ ... NICs should not have default gateways configured for both. ... DMZ ports of any firewall, is an alternative path that cause great ...
  • Re: Collection of email
    ... server 2003), and FTP support, and a few other things as well. ... I think you are using ISA as your firewall. ... I don't think you have that option, though is your internet connection ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.smtp_nntp)
  • Re: XP/SP2 Firewall über W2K GPO deaktivieren
    ... Weil es einen zentralen Zugangpunkt zum Internet gibt und dieser geschützt ... Dafür sorgt der Proxy Server für die Mitarbeiter. ... Meine Clients haben auch keine lokale Firewall installiert, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.gruppen_richtlinien)