Re: [fw-wiz] Issue with replacing SonicWall VPN with Cisco ASA VPN devices

On 9/25/07, Behm, Jeffrey L. <BehmJL@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Wizards,

Our network team is replacing the client's SonicWall devices with Cisco
ASA 5505 (remote office) and 5520 (HQ) devices. The SonicWall devices
were basically used as VPN endpoints in remote offices to be
concentrated back to the corporate HQ. All traffic not destined for the
local LAN in the remote offices was sent to the corporate office via the
"Route all traffic through this SA" functionality in the SonicWall. This
worked well for the environment, but now there is the need to replace
these devices, and Cisco ASA devices have been chosen.

Search for Easy Vpn.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6635/prod_brochure09186a00800a4b36.html
This is designed for quick/easy setups of remote offices.
With Cisco Easy vpn all traffic not for the local lan is routed through the
vpn tunnel, unless you configure split tunneling.

Br.
Robby

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Issue with replacing SonicWall VPN with Cisco ASA VPN devices
    ... through the vpn. ... Our network team is replacing the client's SonicWall devices with Cisco ... local LAN in the remote offices was sent to the corporate office via the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Issue with replacing SonicWall VPN with Cisco ASA VPN devices
    ... Our network team is replacing the client's SonicWall devices with Cisco ... local LAN in the remote offices was sent to the corporate office via the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Issue with replacing SonicWall VPN with Cisco ASA VPN devices
    ... also function as VPN endpoints. ... Our network team is replacing the client's SonicWall devices with Cisco ... local LAN in the remote offices was sent to the corporate office via the ... "Route all traffic through this SA" functionality in the SonicWall. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • New Cisco Gear and some questions...
    ... We can get some deals on some newer Cisco equipment and I am, ... We have High Speed connections at the remote offices and then the one ... that is operational now has a VPN connection back to the main office. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Connect users from remote branch office to SBS
    ... If you do want to go the hardware VPN route, the easiest would be to join ... the servers at HQ first and then take them to the remote offices. ... The number of connections with RWW depend on how many CALs ... If i choose this option how do i attach the server at office one to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)