Re: [fw-wiz] Isolating internal servers behind firewalls

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, ArkanoiD wrote:

I am yet to see a firewall capable of intelligent SMB filtering.

Quite simple requirement (say, allow file sharing and deny other potentilly
dangerous rpc's) and nobody meets it. Except maybe Solsoft NSM which is
rather dead than alive.

the raptor firewall would do this, by symantec has just about killed it off
(they are down to only their appliance version)

I think the sidewinder firewall has some capabilities in this area as well, but
I haven't dug into it yet.

David Lang