[fw-wiz] Managing multiple Cisco PIX's

Hi James,

You can use the Cisco ADSM software (comes free with PIX or ASA) to manage
your PIX. Although only one firewall at the time.
If you want do have a centralized - policy based management solution with
provisioning etc. you should have a look at the Cisco Security Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6121/index.html (ASDM)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/index.html (CSM)

Hope this helps,

cheers,

stefan

  • Re: Kindly help me with this PIX problem
    ... If you have read the configuration that I posted, ... firewall configuration didn't change over many years and it did work ... PIX, our company cannot send or receive email. ... That command allows ssh to the PIX, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Firewall for laptops, corporation with 1,000 laptops
    ... I disagree completely that all you need is a PIX to protect your network, ... PIX does nothing to protect you from VPN ... alerting, which are essential to a firewall solution, are lacking.] ... the PIX firewall does nothing to protect a roaming laptop from ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Cisco PIX fixup protocol command
    ... The PIX is a stateful firewall and maintains state on ... The reason why a security evaluation might result in a recommendation to ... is no need to have the SMTP fixup enabled. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall
    ... Hardware Firewall vs Software Firewall ... will drive the price to the point where the PIX is more cost effective. ... on a router ACL unless you're using the CSPM, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Skip the PDM
    ... PIX and CheckPoint and the PIX 501 is a real contender as a firewall to ... So to "speed things up" I tried using the PDM. ... DHCP pool starts at .2. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)