From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
UxBoD
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 3:56 PM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX 501 Help

Hi,

Have just been given a couple of 501's to setup at work. Basic
configuration has been performed, and that is working fine. The question
I have is whether there is anyway to setup 100+ statics, one to one,
port mappings using object groups ? My IP setup is as follows :-

outside -> inside -> host
10.7.152.2 -> 10.6.0.200 -> 10.6.0.202

I have a application that uses 30 ports, plus X11, plus remove support
via PCanywhere. I have created the ACLs using object groups, but I
don't really fancy setting up individual TCP/UDP static entries.

If I use something like :-

static (inside,outside) interface 10.6.0.202 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Then the outside interface SSH server will not work as all traffic gets
mapped through too the inside interface :( Obviously we need to support
via the outside interface, so is there anyway around it ?

Could I put the SSH on the inside interface and then do something like
:-

static (inside,outside) interface 2222 10.6.0.202 22 netmask
255.255.255.255 0 0

so that we just have to connect too port 2222 instead and that will map
it through so we can administer the PIX ?

I see on our IOS that we can use access-list on the static mapping, is
this a potential use ?

Hope my explanation makes sense ?

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854 36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

believed to be clean.

This message is intended only for the person(s) to which it is addressed
and may contain privileged, confidential and/or insider information.
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action concerning
the contents of this message and any attachment(s) by anyone other
than the named recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco PIX 501 Help
    ... I have is whether there is anyway to setup 100+ statics, one to one, ... Then the outside interface SSH server will not work as all traffic gets ... so that we just have to connect too port ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Port forwarding problem with ASA 7.2
    ... I'm trying to make port forwarding where my NAT inside global address is equal to the one of my outside Interface. ... There is no any logs about denied connections although I'm getting syslog records about Internet packets denied by ACL, but these packets aren't related with my static nat problem. ... If I switch this static onto an IP address that I'm not using for anything other then for this port forwarding - connections are allowed. ... Everything works ok when I configire my statics with for example 100.100.50.99 instead. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • 2621 SSH Client Hanging
    ... I'm trying to configure SSH on a 2621 running IOS ik9o3s3. ... interface FastEthernet0/0 ... ip nat outside ... ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.15.10 443 interface ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • pf.conf
    ... Use "block return" so that a TCP RST is sent ... to $Angels port ssh ... # Pass TCP, UDP, and ICMP out on the external interface. ... pass out on $Demons proto all modulate state ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: No link on e1000e with 2.6.35.3 and ThinkPad T60
    ... in the failed state: ... for an interface in the working state. ... I can give you ssh access to mine if you want to. ... change of train or bus involves a suspend-resume cycle. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)