From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Robby Cauwerts
Sent: Wed 8/1/2007 6:00 PM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Check Point NG FP3 HF2 on Solaris 5.8

On 7/20/07, Robert Fenech <robertfenech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am encountering a problem when it comes to install a policy on an NG FP3
HF2 firewall running on an old Solaris 5.8 machine.

Primarily when the policy is about to be installed I get the message
"Failed to install policy. Please make sure that Firewall-1 services are
running...".

Try a cprestart or cpstop/cpstart on the fw module ( be aware of the impact
on your traffic/remote mgmt of the fw!).
And then try to push the policy again a few times.

If this doesn't solve the problem try to debug cpd and fwd (check CP
knowledgebase or post a reply).

Br.
Robby

  • problem solved (was Re: failing to share internet access between two PCs installed with Debian 3.1)
    ... It turns out that I forgot to install the DNS ... firewall settings of the entire network. ... > Chain FORWARD (policy DROP) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Terminal Server with SBS 2K3
    ... I am not sure how you configure your SBS fax, does the issue occur on every ... Do normal users try to install a network printer? ... Have you installed the Windows 2003 printer driver on ... |> "Prevent users from adding printers" group policy in the default domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using SUS to deploy patches, how to hide Windows update icon
    ... all notifications to users and doing silent installs. ... There are certain pros and cons to using this policy setting, ... If you set AU configuration to 4 (scheduled install) in the AU policy, ... reboot, but will not be able to postpone the reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Check Point NG FP3 HF2 on Solaris 5.8
    ... FWM on the manager talks to ... FWD was only used pre-NG for policy installs. ... I am encountering a problem when it comes to install a policy on an NG ... If this doesn't solve the problem try to debug cpd and fwd (check CP ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Possible security issue??
    ... I suppose that Group Policy could also be applying some file system ... unjoin your computer from the domain, reboot, and try to install the same ... I could only run it from the administrators (domain) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)