[fw-wiz] Check Point NG FP3 HF2 on Solaris 5.8

I am encountering a problem when it comes to install a policy on an NG FP3
HF2 firewall running on an old Solaris 5.8 machine.

Primarily when the policy is about to be installed I get the message "Failed
to install policy. Please make sure that Firewall-1 services are

I traced the processes as follows:

Parent Process ID | Process ID | Process

1 20318 cpwd
20318 20329 cpd
20318 20485 rtmd
20318 20362 fwd
20318 20450 fgd50
20364 20386 cpstat_monitor

I tried to respawn each process to try and figure out which one was more
likely related to this policy installation issue.

Respawning cpd does sort out the problem (not for long though) in the sense
that the policy gets installed, however a second policy install fails with
the same error message.

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • problem solved (was Re: failing to share internet access between two PCs installed with Debian 3.1)
    ... It turns out that I forgot to install the DNS ... firewall settings of the entire network. ... > Chain FORWARD (policy DROP) ...
  • Re: Terminal Server with SBS 2K3
    ... I am not sure how you configure your SBS fax, does the issue occur on every ... Do normal users try to install a network printer? ... Have you installed the Windows 2003 printer driver on ... |> "Prevent users from adding printers" group policy in the default domain ...
  • Re: Using SUS to deploy patches, how to hide Windows update icon
    ... all notifications to users and doing silent installs. ... There are certain pros and cons to using this policy setting, ... If you set AU configuration to 4 (scheduled install) in the AU policy, ... reboot, but will not be able to postpone the reboot. ...
  • Re: Possible security issue??
    ... I suppose that Group Policy could also be applying some file system ... unjoin your computer from the domain, reboot, and try to install the same ... I could only run it from the administrators (domain) ...
  • Re: Terminal Server with SBS 2K3
    ... The default domain controllers policy was "not defined" ... Do normal users try to install a network printer? ... when a normal user logs on the terminal server ... > the default domain controller policy to ensure that the "Prevent users ...