Re: [fw-wiz] Recommended Open Source Proxy Firewalls

Patrick M. Hausen wrote:

And as much as I prefer Sidewinder over every competing product
I've seen so far: it still does much too little! I'd love to
have an HTTP proxy that takes a set of regular expressions to
match against URLs that are permitted to be fetched from a
protected web server and denies everything else.

I believe you can do this with the HTTP proxy on a watchguard firewall. I've done similar regexp on URLs to complement the IPS and antispyware on the box so I can do zero-day attack blocking as soon as I know enough about the malicious file to define an expression.

begin:vcard
fn:David Piscitello
n:Piscitello;David
adr;dom:;;3 Myrtle Bank Lane;Hilton Head;SC;29926
email;internet:dave@xxxxxxxxxxx
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://hhi.corecom.com/weblogindex.htm
version:2.1