Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall scaling

I say you need two, as a failover cluster.

On 6/23/07, Sami Ghourabi <sami.ghourabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000
concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN
internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments.

I've not heard of a commercial firewall which only supports 32K
concurrent sessions, is this some sort of weird limited license cap
imposed by the vendor?

Ancient OpenBSD 'pf' running on a i386 with 128MB was able to do
upwards of 50,000 states back in the v3.6 days.

Kevin

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall scaling
    ... I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000 ... concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN ... internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Firewall scaling
    ... I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000 ... concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN ... internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall scaling
    ... I'm trying to convince management that a firewall that supports 32000 ... concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN ... internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall scaling
    ... Sami Ghourabi wrote: ... concurrent sessions is enough for an organization that has a single WAN ... internet link, and about 60-100 users, but I'm lacking arguments. ... from their technical staff regarding matters of technical obviousness, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)