Re: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Maen Ftouni [mailto:mftouni@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:26 PM
To: 'Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List'
Subject: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?

Hello all, we are planning to buy a new firewall and implement it in our
network, the only thing is that i am planning to connect the firewall to
2 switches, in case one link fail i want the users to connect to the
firewall using the other switch, so the firewall will basically be
connected to a port in each switch, kind of an interface failover, do
you know if this feature is available in ASA ? if not what firewalls do
support it ?

ASA 5550's have a failover capability, but that's as a cluster: I have all my ASA 5550s clustered; but failing one over TWO switches, never tried that. . .

  • Re: SBS2008 Monitor internet usage
    ... You'll want to look at hardware with that configuration. ... a good firewall to properly protect your network from the outside world. ... > connected to the switch as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS2008 Monitor internet usage
    ... protection at the moment beyond the very rudimentary pseudo-protection that ... a good firewall to properly protect your network from the outside world. ... connected to the switch as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Security Appliance With 12 Network Segments
    ... You configure some things in the firewall, ... therefore if somebody gets access to the switch he can't bypass ... why don't I have to label that one port? ... I configure it usually with an access list wth the network which is ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Secure Network Design (DMZ, LAN, etc)
    ... You can't have separate subnets separated by a switch. ... is only because the firewall is going to be doing NAT in addition to ... > Subject: Re: Secure Network Design ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Home Network Setup Problem
    ... >> challenge of my own home network. ... Probably it is just a plain old switch ... Otherwise it will not hand packets from one network ... There is no firewall to complicate the setup. ...
    (freebsd-questions)