Re: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?
- From: "Keith A. Glass" <salgak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:24:46 +0000
From: Maen Ftouni [mailto:mftouni@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:26 PM
To: 'Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List'
Subject: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?
Hello all, we are planning to buy a new firewall and implement it in our
network, the only thing is that i am planning to connect the firewall to
2 switches, in case one link fail i want the users to connect to the
firewall using the other switch, so the firewall will basically be
connected to a port in each switch, kind of an interface failover, do
you know if this feature is available in ASA ? if not what firewalls do
support it ?
ASA 5550's have a failover capability, but that's as a cluster: I have all my ASA 5550s clustered; but failing one over TWO switches, never tried that. . .
firewall-wizards mailing list
- Prev by Date: [fw-wiz] ASA interface failover ?
- Next by Date: [fw-wiz] Getting OSPF to work on a CISCO ASA 5550
- Previous by thread: [fw-wiz] PPP Multilink Bundle for 3 E1 lines
- Next by thread: [fw-wiz] Getting OSPF to work on a CISCO ASA 5550