Re: [fw-wiz] Best way to block incoming connections from open http proxy servers?

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Jerry Gardner wrote:
On 5/21/07, Chris Smith <csmith@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What's the recommended way to maintain a list of public, open http proxies
and block them from making inbound connections to an http server with
iptables?

That's a losing battle you're never going to win.

I may be in the minority here, but I strongly believe that accessing
inappropriate material in a work or educational setting is a social problem,
not a technical one.

Chris was talking about _inbound_ traffic, not outbound. In his second
post he gives a good reason for his quest. Yet, what has been said so
far is true: You will always be behind in blocking.

Anyway, there are some proxy lists like proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml.
Or you extract the proxy/redirector part of url blacklist collections:
http://squidguard.mesd.k12.or.us/blacklists.tgz
http://squidguard.shalla.de/shallalist.html
http://cri.univ-tlse1.fr/documentations/cache/squidguard_en.html#contrib

Cheers,