Re: [fw-wiz] PIX - acl breaks implicit outbound rule

Cheers Paul,

Yeah the most obvious solution was in fact the correct solution. I put the
rule back in manually and all appeared fine. But then the whole PIX hung
and I had to reboot it, whoops :)

On 5/23/07, Paul Melson <pmelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, it replaces the implicit outbound rule for Interface2 and
breaks
all other outbound traffic on
> the interface. My question is, what can I append to the above access
group to put the outbound rule
> back in?

As far as I know, you can't. You will need to explicitly declare the
previously implied rule:

access-list Interface2toInterface1 deny ip 10.0.5.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 any
access-list Interface2toInterface1 permit ip 10.0.5.0 netmask
255.255.255.0
any

PaulM

  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: python 3 constant
    ... is require Python to change to accommodate your need. ... Can you see the slight difference? ... Best regards, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: String Theory and Letterman
    ... > Brian Green was on Dave Letterman last night discussing his new book on ... Uncle Al ... (Toxic URL! ... Unsafe for children and most mammals) ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: The Sci-Fi Rejection Letter That Time Forgot
    ... nations have stockpiled arsenals of these incredible bombs and the time the story is set. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Wachstumssaison Flieder
    ... Handbreit über dem Boden. ... "Fliederkrimi" am Samstag halten heute meine Nerven nicht aus. ... Dorothee ...
    (de.rec.garten)