Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

Thanks for all the responses; I will let you know how it goes.

-Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:40 PM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

Charlie,

You should be able to create multiple vlans on your switch and
corresponding vlans on your firewall. Tag (trunk) the uplink to your
firewall. Your vlans will be configured as virtual interfaces on your
firewall.

Paul Murphy

"Charlie Quick"

<charlieq@ironcla

d.com>
Sent by:
<firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
firewall-wizards- .com>

bounces@listserv.
cc
icsalabs.com

Subject
[fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with

05/15/2007 09:41 ASA-5510

AM

Please respond to

Firewall Wizards

Security Mailing

List

<firewall-wizards

@listserv.icsalab

s.com>

Hi All,

I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. I have a Linksys AP, no routing
on
it; I want to secure it so that only internet can be accessed. How can
this be done with vlans and access-lists?
Does the asa support vlan routing?

Currently, the Linksys is sitting on the switch and anyone who connects
has
access to the internal network. Eventually, I will get a Cisco aironet
that
supports multiple ssid and set up vlans via guest and employee.

-Charlie

  • Re: probably an easy routing question, so please help
    ... I've just realized that VLANs don't just divide subnets, ... router) I won't need to use a Layer 3 switch at all. ... both /28s are configured on the same Enet port, with proxy ARP enabled. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Switch Redundancy question !!
    ... switch) with respect to L3 default gateway for each of the VLANs ... I know STP is the solution for L2 redundancy & HSRP ... Sh int status will show port as routed when it is configured for use as ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • RE: Firewall and VLAN security design
    ... use a separate switch for your internal LAN. ... @Stake security review of VLANs ... IT Technical Security Officer ... "VLANs can enhance scalability, security, and network management. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Clueless firewall configuration ?
    ... attacker has access to your core switch. ... between the vlans (oh and we are a big production site that relies on ... Does anyone care to comment on the security issues a setup as this ... Download FREE whitepaper on how a managed service ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • RE: Clueless firewall configuration ?
    ... the internet accessible segments need to be ... vlans, but I'm OK with all the DMZ vlans being on the same switch, and ... all the internal DMZs on another switch. ... ClickToSecure) or an enterprise software (Cenzic Hailstorm). ...
    (Pen-Test)