Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

Thanks for all the responses; I will let you know how it goes.

-Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Paul Murphy
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:40 PM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

Charlie,

You should be able to create multiple vlans on your switch and
corresponding vlans on your firewall. Tag (trunk) the uplink to your
firewall. Your vlans will be configured as virtual interfaces on your
firewall.

Paul Murphy

"Charlie Quick"

<charlieq@ironcla

d.com>
Sent by:
<firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
firewall-wizards- .com>

bounces@listserv.
cc
icsalabs.com

Subject
[fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with

05/15/2007 09:41 ASA-5510

AM

Please respond to

Firewall Wizards

Security Mailing

List

<firewall-wizards

@listserv.icsalab

s.com>

Hi All,

I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. I have a Linksys AP, no routing
on
it; I want to secure it so that only internet can be accessed. How can
this be done with vlans and access-lists?
Does the asa support vlan routing?

Currently, the Linksys is sitting on the switch and anyone who connects
has
access to the internal network. Eventually, I will get a Cisco aironet
that
supports multiple ssid and set up vlans via guest and employee.

-Charlie