[fw-wiz] PIX - acl breaks implicit outbound rule

Hi There,

I'm trying to get successful two way communication over a selected port
range between 2 hosts on different interfaces.

Interface 1 (100) ------------ Interface 2 (90)

host1 ( ------------ host2 (

I've already put in a static route so host1 can get down to host2, however I
need host2 to be able to open a connection back through on selected ports.

I've been able to get it semi-working by applying the following:

static (Interface1,Interface2) netmask
access-list Interface2toInterface1 extended permit udp host host eq port-range
access-group Interface2toInterface1 in interface Interface2

However, it replaces the implicit outbound rule for Interface2 and breaks
all other outbound traffic on the interface. My question is, what can I
append to the above access group to put the outbound rule back in?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be super useful

firewall-wizards mailing list