[fw-wiz] Best way to block incoming connections from open http proxy servers?

Hi All.

What's the recommended way to maintain a list of public, open http
proxies and block them from making inbound connections to an http server
with iptables?

I have linblock http://www.dessent.net/linblock/ which I use for a few
other lists. Is there a regularly updated list out there for open http
proxies that can be used for this purpose?

I'm hoping I can retrieve a text file with the IP's every day with a
cron job and let linblock update an IPTables chain. Perhaps there's a
better way?

csmith

  • Re: [Full-disclosure] China - the land of open proxies
    ... hundreds of Chinese proxies on port 8909 started showing up ... every day on public proxy lists. ... may be able to use for forensic purposes or router block lists. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] China - the land of open proxies
    ... hundreds of Chinese proxies on port 8909 started showing up ... may be able to use for forensic purposes or router block lists. ... New port 9415 proxies stopped showing up on proxy lists when 8909 began ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] China - the land of open proxies
    ... hundreds of Chinese proxies on port 8909 started showing up ... every day on public proxy lists. ... may be able to use for forensic purposes or router block lists. ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: IPTABLES & blocking subnets
    ... >> I want to BAN all of these IP addresses. ... >Dunno about lists, but: ... >> I am getting hit everyday from China with all kinds of junk and I'm ... >Once you get your list, five minutes with awk, ipcalc, and iptables will ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Damn you, FEDEX! or Nikon D40 lost in Springfield, MO blackhole.
    ... the 2 mp Mavica he had been using with a Nikon D40. ... After shopping around, he got me to order one for him. ... The shipper had it insured, but from what I have read it could take weeks to sort this crap out. ... You may get your insurance from FedEx and a couple weeks later they find it and deliver it. ...
    (alt.photography)