Re: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

You might want to take a look at DD-WRT as an alternative for the
Linksys. The firmware enables support for VLANs, multiple SSID, etc.

From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Charlie Quick
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 4:24 PM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] Securing Wireless with ASA-5510

Hi All,

I have an ASA 5510 and a 3500 XL switch. I have a Linksys AP, no routing
on it; I want to secure it so that only internet can be accessed. How
can this be done with vlans and access-lists?

Does the asa support vlan routing?

Currently, the Linksys is sitting on the switch and anyone who connects
has access to the internal network. Eventually, I will get a Cisco
aironet that supports multiple ssid and set up vlans via guest and

firewall-wizards mailing list