Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem

Only time I've experienced it was when we had a bad NIC. Did you try
doing the same thing on another interface?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Drumheller, Michael" <mdrumhel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:05 pm
Subject: [fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The interface on the PIX shuts down when duplex is changed from
auto to
full. The switch it connects to is configured for full duplex but the
PIX still shows half duplex when in auto negotiate mode. Changing to
half duplex on both the switch and PIX works but the PIX interface
goesdown when it's changed to full duplex. Has anyone else
experienced this

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: two NICs and speed issues
    ... > So if you disconnect the modem the transfers are fast on the ... > will give you a listing of each interface. ... > connections you want to have full duplex set. ... > between the NIC and the switch you will see the error count increase ...
  • Re: full/half duplex problem
    ... physical layer connections and I thoroughly agree with you that auto ... negotiation is required for these interfaces passing thru a PHY. ... comes up in full duplex on the solaris blade. ... it can be so that the Nortel switch will only autonegotiate ...
  • RE: started getting repeated "bge0: PHY read timed out" messages
    ... Have you looked at the output of 'netstat -i' to see if there are ... have you looked at the switch-side interface ... negotiation which ended up at 1000tx full duplex to now be 100tx at ... between switch and server. ...
  • Re: FreeBSD 5.3 Networking performance problem
    ... >> Note that if your interface is set to full duplex and the switch is ... Hmmm....I typically see much lower throughput with a duplex mismatch ... > (which I use for all my servers on my small network at with ...
  • Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem
    ... Both speed and duplex on the ... PIX were configured for auto. ... forcing the PIX interface speed to 100 first and then ...