[fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem

The interface on the PIX shuts down when duplex is changed from auto to
full. The switch it connects to is configured for full duplex but the
PIX still shows half duplex when in auto negotiate mode. Changing to
half duplex on both the switch and PIX works but the PIX interface goes
down when it's changed to full duplex. Has anyone else experienced this
problem?

  • Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem
    ... Both speed and duplex on the ... PIX were configured for auto. ... forcing the PIX interface speed to 100 first and then ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: full/half duplex problem
    ... physical layer connections and I thoroughly agree with you that auto ... negotiation is required for these interfaces passing thru a PHY. ... comes up in full duplex on the solaris blade. ... it can be so that the Nortel switch will only autonegotiate ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] PIX 515E 7.2 Duplex problem
    ... The interface on the PIX shuts down when duplex is changed from auto ... You may want to check for a firmware update for your switch regardless. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Duplex negotiation problems info
    ... What I have realised is that a full duplex hard code setting CANNOT be used ... The reason is obvious when you consider---the side with Auto cannot ... We hardcode both ends (switch and unit plugged into switch port) - on ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Duplex negotiation problems info
    ... or set the switch ports to half duplex and have device set to auto. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)