Re: [fw-wiz] Reporting Server

for a syslog daemon kiwi is pretty good for filtering traffic. For running
reports you can try cacti or mrtg.

On 4/5/07, Eric Anderson <strasser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm interested in what other admins are using for a reporting server for
syslog analysis. I've an Open SUSE 10.2 syslog server receiving packets
from a PIX 515E and I want to run reports on IP traffic.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Eric
--
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

  • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
    ... that simply isn't possible with reports by email. ... Like I said - syslog is for audit trails and post-mortem analysis - ... this is not about controlling. ... and how I thing a system for a variety of different contexts should be ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Firewall Reporting
    ... we send syslog-messages from our firewall to a ... We wrote an application that listens for the incoming syslog messages ... Are you generating reports or using the raw data? ... If you're interested in our application: you can download and use it ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Reporting Server
    ... You can push your syslog entries into the DB using a *nix script, ... I'm interested in what other admins are using for a reporting server for ... I've an Open SUSE 10.2 syslog server receiving packets ... Atheism is a non-prophet organization. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)