Re: [fw-wiz] [OT?] Accounting from PIX Logs

On 3/28/07, Brian Ford (brford) <brford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Franz,

I wouldn't consider this OT at all.

Hi Brian,

thank you for your reply.

So given that you are considering summarizing data from the PIX logs;
what kinds of data are you looking for in this summary?

It isn't a security log analysis.
At this moment, I think connection traffic (for any single connection
in connection tracking) is the best information that I've to manage.

You also said "accounting"; by that did you mean checking to see if you
had log data missing or actually looking in the log data for accounting
details?

Accounting by internal IP address, by protocol, etc... (possibly sorted).
Like a "report" related to time unit...

Regards,
-f