Re: [fw-wiz] [OT?] Accounting from PIX Logs

On 3/28/07, Brian Ford (brford) <brford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Franz,

I wouldn't consider this OT at all.

Hi Brian,

thank you for your reply.

So given that you are considering summarizing data from the PIX logs;
what kinds of data are you looking for in this summary?

It isn't a security log analysis.
At this moment, I think connection traffic (for any single connection
in connection tracking) is the best information that I've to manage.

You also said "accounting"; by that did you mean checking to see if you
had log data missing or actually looking in the log data for accounting
details?

Accounting by internal IP address, by protocol, etc... (possibly sorted).
Like a "report" related to time unit...

Regards,
-f

  • Re: Accounting software and VPN?
    ... We use a law firm accounting program. ... support connecting to the database over a WAN - in other words, ... It's not only the dropped connection issue, ... latency of the VPN connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • [Patch] netfilter: remove deprecated CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT
    ... Accounting can now be enabled/disabled without kernel recompilation. ... Enable connection tracking flow accounting ... # IP: Netfilter Configuration ... bool 'Connection mark tracking support' ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [Patch] (updated) netfilter: remove deprecated CONFIG_NF_CT_ACCT
    ... Accounting can now be enabled/disabled without kernel recompilation. ... Enable connection tracking flow accounting ... # IP: Netfilter Configuration ... bool 'Connection mark tracking support' ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: VPN Questions on SBS2003
    ... Just file and print sharing. ... Word, Excel, Accounting program, etc... ... due to a bad network connection. ... add a VPN and a long open file and you've got disaster just ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] [OT?] Accounting from PIX Logs
    ... of this type using a PIX. ... is there ever going to be a netflow-export type accounting ... I think connection traffic (for any single connection ... had log data missing or actually looking in the log data for accounting ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)