Re: [fw-wiz] Does dns proxy on NetScreen 5xx support reverse dns lookups

On 3/15/07, Jacob, Raymond A Jr <raymond.jacob@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I installed a Netscreen running 5.x. I configured the workstations to use
the Netscreen IP address as the DNS server.
When I use fqdn, I can resolve. When I use ip -addresses no records are
In order to get dns working I configured a policy to reach the DNS servers
Question: Does the netscreen dns proxy support reverse dns lookups? Is there
a special setting
I need to set?

The NetScreen DNS "proxy" is really only there to handle split-dns
routing for VPNs. One thing to test is to use nslookup to verify that
the DNS servers you have specified with 'dns host' in your config will
return PTR lookups. It may not be a problem with the firewall at all.

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sys vol check
    ... instead of the local DNS server and two ISP DNS servers. ... I need to configure the DHCP to use all three internal DNS servers ... If DNS zones are AD Integrated are writtable. ...
  • Re: sys vol check
    ... You've 3 DC DNS servers one in each Site with different subnets. ... You've A forward lookup Zone named CORP.DLECINC.COM and a reverse lookup ... The clients should use only their local DNSserver in ther NIC ...
  • Re: Win2k3 and Slow Logons
    ... > various DNS settings from the server and my router set up. ... for internal DNS servers, but it must NOT be listed on any ... >>>>bad world of the Internet. ...
  • Re: Prevent Caching of real world domain in W2K3 sp1 DNS.
    ... resolve anything on either of my main DNS servers. ... and the cache is quite full. ...
  • Re: sys vol check
    ... If DNS zones are AD Integrated are writtable. ... Other configured DNS servers on their NIC properties if the Primary ... So the behavior and configuration is something like this: ...