[fw-wiz] Does dns proxy on NetScreen 5xx support reverse dns lookups

I installed a Netscreen running 5.x. I
configured the workstations to use the
Netscreen IP address as the DNS server.
When I use fqdn, I can resolve. When I use ip
-addresses no records are returned.
In order to get dns working I configured a
policy to reach the DNS servers directly.
Question: Does the netscreen dns proxy
support reverse dns lookups? Is there a
special setting
I need to set?

Thank you,

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DNS server resolved to all domain name
    ... I am doubting that this will resolve things. ... the DNS server but in the DNS caching resolver client. ... >> Usually if you deselect "Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS ...
  • Re: download cvsup?
    ... Also the rest of the network is currently working. ... Eliminate all things superfluous to troubleshooting the DNS problem. ... whatever I try I can't seem to resolve external hosts, ... or whether the lookup is returning from your DNS server. ...
  • Re: Replication issues
    ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... AD-Integrated DNS does not do zone transfers between the ... your DNS server will bypass ...
  • Re: Problems receiving SMTP mail
    ... > uses UDP is not consistent with SMTP, but consistent with DNS. ... > DNS server. ... > resolve it with the default comain appended. ... Peter Weaver ...
  • Re: Servers hang on boot
    ... The last DC at that site (not a DNS server). ... EventID: 0x00000457 ... (Event String could not be retrieved) ...