Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall bake-off?

Ya I know, or at least throughput numbers with Basic Smart Defense
settings enabled!

On 3/13/07, Carson Gaspar <carson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
James Hampton wrote:
I need to upgrade my current firewall solution, I currently use
Checkpoint but I have concerns about there long term future, pluse
there support and documentation are sorely lacking. I have used
Cisco's ASA's, but they lack a mature central management solution. Has
anyone done any serious bake-offs between ASA,Check Point and Juniper?

I have, but it's been several years since I did so. At the time, Juniper
ate the other 2 for lunch. But Cisco, at least, has definitely improved
since then. I have seen nothing on the Checkpoint side to change my
opinion of them (just try and get them to give you 64-byte PPS
throughput numbers - I dare ya').

--
Carson

  • Re: Checkpoint & Juniper
    ... I discovered Firewalls and I found Juniper SSG520. ... Can I continue Checkpoint, or change firewall with Juniper. ... src, dst IPs, src, dst ports) Once you use this you'll really like it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewall bake-off?
    ... Checkpoint but I have concerns about there long term future, ... there support and documentation are sorely lacking. ... anyone done any serious bake-offs between ASA,Check Point and Juniper? ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Checkpoint & Juniper
    ... I discovered Firewalls and I found Juniper SSG520. ... SSG520 is see fit ... Can I continue Checkpoint, or change firewall with Juniper. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Getting Checkpoint Experience
    ... I am wanting to get some hands on experience with Checkpoint. ... past I have always purchased equipment (Juniper, Cisco etc) to get this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)