[fw-wiz] TFTP (Was: Re: firewall-wizards Digest, Vol 10, Issue 9)

St John, Richard wrote:
One of the problems we had was that TFTP can be both UDP and TCP. When
VOIP was initiated {we run phones on remote sites through our VPNs for
config} we had the problems you described, it was not until we noted our
illustrious new firewall admin had opened TCP 69 and not UDP69. Once
that was opened to the remote networks, everything started to work fine.
Our firewall logs show that the Cisco & Mitel phones all were trying to
pull on UDP 69

No. TFTP is UDP only (and a horrid port-changing lockstep UDP protocol
at that - writing an app proxy for it was... interesting).

--
Carson

  • Re: How to control Windows XP SP2 Windows Firewall via Active Directory
    ... Does the checkpoint allow ICMP ... all our workstations in the hq and remote sites. ... firewall in between the hq and remote sites. ...
  • Re: Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?
    ... topic about SIP phones, I have been using SIP phones since 2006 and I never ... firewall, indeed many of them don't even know they have one working. ... because they are not hobbyists like me and have no desire to do anything but ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: POP attacks and NOSLOT errors
    ... Of course I have a firewall, I only have the ports I need opened. ... restricting the IP ranges that are allowed to initiate inbound POP (or ... We have two customers, one with crackberry phones, the other ... other address attempting to come in over port 110 is simply dropped. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Asterisk on FC3
    ... >> The cheap phones I like the best are the grandstream budgetone ... >> and VOIP provider seems to do ulaw even if it may not be their ... > Do you have an public IP on your asterisk interface?? ... The phones are outside the firewall and asterisk is running ...
    (Fedora)
  • How to control Windows XP SP2 Windows Firewall via Active Directory
    ... Recently we wanted to roll out SP2 to ... all our workstations in the hq and remote sites. ... firewall in between the hq and remote sites. ...