From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Craig
Van Tassle
Sent: Thursday, 15 February 2007 1:45 AM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] TFTP over vpns

I have tried that. The reason we are using TFTP is for our VOIP phones to
pull
down the config setting upon reboot.

Over all I prefer SCP or SFTP but in this case its not avaliable.

Akash Rao wrote:
Craig,

It is tough to know what might be wrong without checking the logs of the
firewalls. I hope you have tried to telnet to the tftp server on port 69
(default port for tftp) from a client in remote lan and confirmed that
the tftp server is running. Now, try the same test with a client in "my
lan" and confirm the same.

On a seperate note, i would suggest using scp or sftp rather than tftp
to transfer files. Since these are more secure.

Cheers,

Akash

On 2/10/07, * Craig Van Tassle* <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx