Re: [fw-wiz] worm?

On 2/1/07, Paul Melson <pmelson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think your technician needs to try booting from trusted media and using
more than one type of scanner. The only time we've ever had outbound SMTP
sweeps from a Windows workstation it was botted.

PaulM

This will serve as a response to everyone who responded - some
excellent suggestions that I will certainly have him follow-up on, as
best as my position allows. :)

Fortunately we have managed to configure enough security that we
disallow outgoing connections to port 25.

Thanks!

  • Wavelength response for Epson scanners
    ... sort of wavelength response that one might expect from an Epson ... Perfection 2400 photo scanner. ... of the response to show why a scanner presents calibration difficulty ... I understand that the sensor is a proprietary "Epson MatrixCCD" ...
    (sci.image.processing)
  • Re: [malware-list] scanner interface proposal was: [TALPA] Intro to a linux interface for on acc
    ... On blocking we fire a message to everything in ... priority order and block until we get a response. ... And the opposite approach can't work because the AV scanner + the index ... need the HSM to do its work before they can scan. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Virus Checkers
    ... I couldn't get the scanner at Panda to work. ... response. ... missing clicks, and a registry repair to set it right, but I can't find ... In at least one comparative evaluation, Panda didn't come out too well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Is stealth redundant?
    ... > filtering that particular host or network. ... >> I disagree with Eirik's scenario. ... What's the response if a scanner scans an IP that's not in use? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VueScan stopped working as soon as I paid the $50!!!!
    ... expect a response to the e-mail I sent them tonight? ... Just another guy here....but from what you describe (scanner never working reliably, can't scan with any OTHER program) I'm not so sure that VueScan is the culprit. ... I'm short on "solutions" at this point other than to suggest a replacement scanner which VueScan *will* probably work with and I do think it is good software. ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)