Re: [fw-wiz] worm?

Phel
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-122717-5050-99&tabid=2

downloads and executes Coreflood

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2002-112912-2439-99

which doesn't sound like your problem.

On 2/1/07, Paul D. Robertson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

One of our support technician's machines is attempting to connect to
random IP addresses on port 25 - in a pretty needy fashion. He says
he's scanned the box with the latest updates from McAffee and it
hasn't found anything.

We discovered it because one of my basic (meaning I got it off the
'Net) rules for SEC flagged it as a possible PHEL trojan.

Any thoughts?

See what process keeps opening sockets?

Paul

Best regards,

Julian Dragut
www.networkmanager.org
If you knew that you wouldn't fall, how far would you have gone?

  • Re: No sound
    ... Check out motherboard installation CD most all drivers needed are there, ... would connect it to the usb port on the outside of my computer... ... sound card ... Singapore Website Design ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Ruck Interview
    ... out of the sound hole, perhaps your into the lows in which case you ... will enjoy the sound coming out of the sound hole. ... The benefit of having the port ... overall timbre of the guitar. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: No sound
    ... "Rainy" wrote: ... You say nothing plays on media player. ... I have no sound... ... my friend and I think it might be a bad port.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Getting S/PDIF output working
    ... pc via optical cable connected to the S/PDIF port. ... # uname -r ... assuming that is the default sound output. ... selecting the RS780 Azalia controller and running the Test Speakers ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Impulsmessger=E4t?=
    ... nur einige USB Port, LAN, Modem Port und eben den Sound Port. ... USB hat zuviel Latenzfehler. ... Fuer die Sound Card gibt es fertige Software. ... ich habe so eine Aufgabenstellung schon mit Sound Card erledigt. ...
    (de.sci.electronics)