Re: [fw-wiz] How should an Internet connection/firewall be designed?

  • Re: Is IDS/IPS worthless?
    ... >>firewall instead of in front of it should BOTH ... >>fill in the gap left by the false sense of security firewalls give (a ... >IDS technology and I certainly believe in the usefullness of IDS. ... that is confusing IDS and NIDS together. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Thinking about Security rules...
    ... > Subject: Re: Thinking about Security rules... ... >>rules for the IDS. ... by which you attack. ... firewalls in series isn't nearly as nice as a stateful firewall coupled ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Is IDS/IPS worthless?
    ... > firewall instead of in front of it should BOTH ... > fill in the gap left by the false sense of security firewalls give (a ... > network services, and it is on the traffic related to these services ... IDS technology and I certainly believe in the usefullness of IDS. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] How to Save The World (was: Antivirus vendor conspiracy theories)
    ... This one looks like it should burgeon into another good set of rants. ... >> then you have host based security as well to add to the mix. ... Nobody seemed to be able to make an IDS that was both dumb enough to be ... > firewall rule decisions. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: some reality about iptables, please
    ... He also links it to adaptive firewall rules ... harsh critical review by security professionals, ... BTW, my previous post should have indicated PRE-up and POST-down clauses ...
    (Debian-User)