[fw-wiz] QoS question

Not directly related to firewalls, but I'm wondering if the folks on
here have an opinion on the better QoS scheme for WAN connections you
control both sides of (using Cisco routers)? It would seem the two
most obvious options are priority queues and custom queues. I've read
what I can find for free on the 'Net and I'm still not sure I
understand the differences! :)

Does your opinion change if there is a firewall involved (got it in
after all anyway)?

  • Re: [SLE] SuseFirewall2 or IPTables, is there a difference
    ... >We can go all day long and discuss which firewalls are better. ... >It's a matter of opinion and what you are comfortable with, ... This is the most often recommended resource on the netfilter ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: telnet into port 25
    ... Quote "I don't have Warm and Fuzzy Feelings about MS firewalls" ... I'm entitled to an Opinion aren't I? ... You have the Quote "SBS Rocks", and I didn't Slam you for saying that? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: telnet into port 25
    ... firewalls are only one layer of a security plan and no firewall should ... Sam the SBS Rock. ... :-) Russ meet Sam. ... > I'm entitled to an Opinion aren't I? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: telnet into port 25
    ... firewalls in general which is why I will be rolling out SP2 on my XPs so ... can stick some firewalls inside my network. ... > last patch and what ports you have open]. ... >> I'm entitled to an Opinion aren't I? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Microsoft Windows Firewall
    ... > with the general experience. ... > and it is thus not any more just my opinion. ... Try upgrading to Kerio 4...> ... application firewalls cause problems. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)