From: firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:firewall-wizards-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Henderson, Bernadette
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 1:00 PM
To: firewall-wizards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fw-wiz] VPN question

I have a home grown network in my office for clients to
use.(Outside of my work network) The problem is that the amount of
persons using it is growing every time they come to my office for work
for about a month straight then leave for 6 months. All of them want to
connect back to their home office using the microsoft built in vpn
client. They also now use a Pix firewall which I have no knowledge of
but they do have a consultant who runs it for them. There are about ten

The dilemma I have is that about every 18 hours they all getting
booted out of their vpn and say they cant get onto the internet. It
lasts about 5 to ten minutes and about the time I get on the road to
come in to see whats wrong, they are back up and running again. They are
working night and day weekends too...

In my office I have a T1 going to a cisco router, to a linksys
router for nat and then to and hp switch then piped over to the port in
the room to netgear switchboxes at the conference room tables.

My network guys say the T1 is fine etc etc.. I cant really see
much of anything from the linksys. What should I be looking for to
uncover what is booting them out and back up again so quickly? I called
their tech guy to look at the firewall log and am waiting for feedback.

Thanks in advance

firewall-wizards mailing list

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SBS 2008 - Firewall Appliance?
    ... Cisco ASA 5510 Appliance Content Security Edition Bundle ... 250 IPsec VPN peers, ... But "firewall services" are simply listed as included. ... If you don't need AV or VPN then this is overkill....and I recommend running client AV on a server that can handle monitoring anyways....not using an edge device as the client AV manager...but that's another conversation. ...
  • Re: remoting not working through vpn
    ... These can act differently depending on where the VPN terminates. ... I have ISA firewall and all my VPN connections terminate on the firewall system. ... The other case might be that you have tunneled the VPN completely through the firewall and let it terminate on the server itself. ... The problem may be in how the client system is presenting its ...
  • Re: Teleworking
    ... Cisco VPN Client running on local PC ... ADSL router runing VPN passthrough and full firewall ... > simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP ...
  • Re: VPN Routing Problem
    ... Adding the correct route via the route ... I've run the ipconfig command on client and server and some ... On the VPN Server subsequent to a successful VPN connection from the vpn ... Results of trying to Ping the KWF6 host by name from the VPN client ...
  • Re: RE:Sizing a Firewall for a Client
    ... about the Sonic Wall Pro, when in turn will cost you at least 3 times as ... Sizing a Firewall for a Client ... We've tested the Sonicwall with up to 5 VPN clients at once ...